- Send to friend
- Customers also bought
- Customer feedback
- Blue light, safe for nucleic acids
- Uniform illumination (UI Technology)
- Optimal wavelength (465) for green stains
- Easily removable, 2 position amber shield
- 2 Year warranty
Safer for samples, safer for you: The SmartBlue Transilluminator is the perfect partner for the most common safe DNA stains. It emits blue light at a wavelength of 465nm, perfect for excitation of most green fluorophors, including our Accuris’ SmartGlow™, SYBR Green, SYBR Safe, SYBR Gold, GelStar, GelGreen, to name a few. The SmartBlue also works for excitation of EtBr, see our Technical Bulletin with sample images. Exposing DNA to this wavelength does not cause molecular damage, and results in a much higher downstream cloning efficiency as compared to even short UV light exposures. In addition, the visible blue light is not damaging to the user’s skin and is less harmful to the eyes.*
Two position filter cover: The SmartBlue transilluminator requires no special shielding, however, the light does need to be filtered for visualization of the dyes. The amber cover, which rests above the viewing surface and gel, filters out the blue light, allowing the bands to be seen clearly. The cover can be placed at a 60º angle to provide easy access to the gel for band excision. For documentation, the filter cover is easily removed completely.
Optional amber viewing glasses: Our E4000-VG1 Viewing Glasses offer efficient blocking of the blue light wavelength from the SmartBlue illuminator, allowing clear visualization of the fluorescing DNA bands without the filter cover in place. These convenient glasses are recommended for users that are frequently excising DNA bands from gels.
UI technology, bright and clear images: Engineered diffusers and filters provide an extremely evenly lit viewing surface. Even in ambient light, bands of DNA can clearly be seen in gels. Images obtained using the SmartBlue Transilluminator are brighter and more balanced than those obtained using epi-illuminators which light from the sides.
Reliable, durable and long lasting: An array of super bright LEDs with a long, 30,000 hour service life provide the light source for the SmartBlue Transilluminator. Unlike those in a UV transilluminator, the filters in the SmartBlue will not solarize and degrade in performance over time. Gel bands can be excised directly on the scratch resistant, glass viewing surface. To save energy, the power switch includes an automatic 5 minute shutoff. The SmartBlue Transilluminator is covered by a 2 year warranty.
* The SmartBlue product uses high intensity LED lights. Although the visible blue wavelength is significantly safer than UV light, it is recommended to not stare directly at the viewing surface without the amber cover in place.
|Light Source:||High Intensity Blue LEDs|
|Wavelength:||Peak at 465nm|
|Viewing Surface:||6.6 x 4.75in. / 17 x 12cm|
|Ext. Dimensions:||12.8 x 8.5 x 1.9 in / 30.5 x 21.5 x 5 cm|
|Electrical:||100 to 240V, 50-60Hz|
|Weight:||1.2kg / 2.6lbs|
- 200ul Bulk Wide Orifice Pipette Tips (Natural)$16.80
- Well Pad$10.00
- Starfrost® Microscope Slides, Straight Edge$174.90
- Upright Metal Freezer Drawer Rack for 100-Cell Hinged Boxes (Capacity: 10 Boxes)$149.00
- Single Channel Pipettor, Micropette Plus$99.90
- SCILOGEX MX-M Microplate Mixer$329.00
- Z216MK Hermle Refrigerated Centrifuge Bundle$4,475.00
- Z326-K Hermle Centrifuge Bundle$7,955.00